Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Happy

Today is a good day. 

I don't know why today is going so well, it could have been a lot worse.  I had a root canal, but it was super easy, it's over, and there is no pain.  I thought my cell phone was broken but I fixed it. (turns out it's my usb port that has problems, but I'll let The Engineer worry about that) My kids were a little crazy but they've calmed down and have given me lots of hugs and kisses.  I did the things on my list that I thought would take all day and now we have all afternoon stress free.  I didn't think I'd have time to write or blog but here I am!  And I've had some good scene ideas for the next two books in the trilogy and some thoughts on fixing my current beginning.

It's a good day and I'm grateful for everything that has gone my way.  What is making your day a good day? Why are you happy?  And, if your day has not been so fortuitous, what would make you happy? 

15 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like your day smoothed out nicely =D Gotta love it when that happens. I'm happy today because it's Monday and I'm feeling well rested, I cleaned my desk over the weekend and I'm ready for a fresh start with my writing later tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely like when the day ends good instead of when it goes from good to bad. Glad you're having a great Monday too. Good luck with the writing!

      Delete
  2. WOW, Sara! That is a good day, but I'll say mine is going equally well. I spent time with hubby on the deck this morning before it got hot then worked on THE ARTIST'S WAY, blogging stuff (I'm featured on L'Aussie Writer ; ), did a character question for Manny Nunez, and now I'm going to read the draft of the church history update. That's productive, too.

    BTW, good for your two little ones to realize that Mommy needed TLC. ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad your day is going well too. You're getting a lot done today! Sounds like a great day.

      Delete
  3. I love posts like this, SP. Your happiness makes ME happy. Way to check the ickies off your list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad may day could help. :) Hope yours is going well.

      Delete
  4. YAY for happy days! Glad things are going so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're having a good day! Nice that you had a painless root canal- I don't get to hear about that too often!

    Thanks also for visiting my blog today and offering your words of support. I look forward to reading more from you when I return from my break...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. The root canal was tons better than everything I heard. But I figure that's because a painless one doesn't leave you with a story to tell.

      Delete
  6. Your enthusiasm is wonderful, Sara. I'm glad you had a good day and that you feel gratitude for all the things that have made it good. It's all about perspective! (And I need more of it.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days are better than others :) And some days we have perspective and others not. It's tempting to compare our hard days with others' good days though.

      Delete
  7. I'm glad the root canal was not an ordeal for you -- brave girl!

    What kind of books are you working on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Currently I'm finishing up a story about a selkie. (a fairy tale creature that is a seal in the water but can peel of their skin and be a human on land) It's the first in a trilogy and I hope to query it later this summer.

      Delete
  8. Good days are definitely worth sharing! Thanks for making me smile.

    ReplyDelete