Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Mother

As far back as I can remember I was surrounded by books.  My mother loves them and our bookshelves were always overflowing. Even though she was very busy she often took time to read to us and I remember sitting on the floor earnestly listening as she read The Twenty One Balloons, or Fantastic Mr. Fox.    

She is a constant source of inspiration and encouragement to me.  She’s been with me since the beginning when I would get so excited about a scene that I had to share it.  Even though they were painfully bad she still saw some good in them.  She listens when I get discouraged and cheers my successes. 

So much of who I am is because of who my mother was. It is because of her love of literature and reading that I grew to love it and it is because of her belief in my writing that I can believe in myself. Thank you mom, Happy Birthday. 

2 comments:

  1. I owe my love of books and writing to my mom as well. What a beautiful tribute to her!

    ReplyDelete