Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

What Makes You Happy?


Is it just me or has the internet been a little quiet lately?  It’s possible everyone is at  LTUE, maybe some of you are gearing up for a long romantic valentine’s day weekend, or maybe everyone has the February blahs.  Because I have the last one I’m going to list a few things that make me happy.

My kids.  Despite their constantly trying to drive me to an early grave.

Writing.  Writing calms me down, takes me out of myself and helps me focus.  When I’m done I’m usually a better person.

Good Bread.

Chocolate.

Good books.  The kind that suck you in and make it so you can’t crawl out until you’ve finished it.  Twice.

Date nights with The Engineer. 

Weekends.

There are more things that make me happy but those were the first that comes to mind.  What makes you happy? 



8 comments:

  1. Love the list!
    I've been trying to keep up with blogging, but to not spend time on other social media. Except, um, pinning stuff on my new Pinterest board (thanks to Karen Henry!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I haven't tried Pinterest yet. Good to know someone will teach me the ropes when I do.

      Delete
  2. Great list. :)

    I've noticed the lack of blog posts, too. For me, it's given me an opportunity to actually be on top of things--though I miss that sense of busyness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good to catch up, but I miss hearing about everyone.

      Delete
  3. Wine?

    Seriously, walking through the park and breathing in non-polluted air (quite a feat in central London) makes me very happy, as does snuggling on the sofa with Mr TR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Parks and couches! Love them both. Good additions to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good question, that's something I haven't thought about for a long time.
    What makes me happy: reading a book by my favourite authors, not having to get up early, not having a bad hair day, eating chocolate, getting my nails done, raining and not having to go out, going shopping... I could go on for ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, not having to get up early. I'd forgotten what that's like. Great list!

      Delete