Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Libraries--good for so many things.

Copy edits: 1 billion
Author: 2

These edits are killing me.  I'm back to work because I've sworn to get more than 10 pages done today.  So, for your weekend enjoyment I'm going to leave you with this hilarious conversation I overheard in the library.  No, I did not make this up. 

Girl in her late teens, early twenties talking to boyfriend. "Stephen King is the best writer ever.  More people should recognize his genius.  Of course, I've never read one of his books." 

Happy weekend.

15 comments:

  1. Ha! Apparently Stephen King has quite the reputation. :) Funny.

    Yeah. Editing. Erg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, but it should be the last time before Betas. So that's good.

      Delete
  2. O_o Too funny! We were playing Rock Bank with my daughter and her family. They have the Beetles RB game, so we did that. I hadn't listened to the lyrics for "Paperback Writer" since I began writing. It's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *chortles* ... teens - right about everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and apparently the movie adaptations are perfect recreations of the book. Good to know!

      Delete
  4. Love that conversation. Edits are tedious but necessary. Chin up. It will all be over soon and then you can rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heee!

    Good luck with edits. I'm plowing through a bunch this weekend, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oop, I didn't reply right to you. Sorry, it's below. The "good luck to you too!" was meant for you.

      Delete
  6. Love it! For a second I was afraid she was going to say something derogatory, and then say she hadn't read his books.

    Good luck with the edits. I can't believe how many holes there are in my own story...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you only really started your story a few months ago. You've come a long way! Keep it up.

      Delete
    2. I bought new notebooks this morning [g]

      Delete
  7. That is hilarious! Teenagers! Gotta love their perspective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me wonder how my parents weren't always laughing hysterically at how I thought I knew everything.

      Delete