Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

I'm Back

Hello everyone!  I hope there's still someone here anyway.  Everyone have a fabulous New Years?  I'm excited for this year.  I think there will be some very good opportunities and fun times ahead.  At the very least it isn't last year and for that we are eternally grateful. 

Last year was pretty overwhelming.  If I didn't have all the emotional scars I would be able to tell just from the number of books read.  I didn't even reach 100.  I know, I know, it's horrible.  I hope to do better next year.  I also realized I read a lot less literary classics.  I was trying to get into one over christmas break and couldn't. I finally figured out it's because most of my reading time is for five minutes here, fifteen there, and that doesn't work so well on a lot of books.  So I have been going for things that are a little lighter and a little easier to read.  It's just the stage of life I'm in right now.  Someday I'll be able to get back to more classics. 

So just for fun, here's a list of the books I read this year.  There's a couple I didn't quite finish for various reasons such as I was listening to Angela's Ashes on audio book.  My CD player broke just as I started the last disc so I ended up having to return it to the library.  I did go online and get a synopsis of the ending so I know what happened though.  If I didn't get at least half way through a book I didn't put it on the list.  This list does not include scriptures or picture books I've read (or recited because I now have several of them memorized).

The Color Purple
The Wake of the Loralie Lee
Jellicoe Road (2)
A Christmas Story
Seal-Folk and Ocean Paddlers:  Sliochd Nan Ron
Heist Society
Three Cups of Tea
Finniken of the Rock
True Colors
Open Adoption Experience
Wicked Lovely
Great Expectations
The Theif
The Secret Year
Intersting Times
You
The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner
Water for Elephants
Letter From Peking
Pillars of the Earth
An Echo in the Bone
Curse Dark as Gold
Alias Grace
Keturah and Lord Death  (2)
Second Eden
Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Dear Daddy Longlegs
Farmer Boy
Time Enough for Drums
Second Duchess
Paranormalcy
I Am Number Four (2)
Divergent (2)
The Family Nobody Wanted
Tarzan
Lament
Speak
Bog Child
Return of Tarzan
Writing the Breakout Novel
Perfect Chemistry
Tarzan and His Beasts
Drums of Autumn
Making Money
The Host
Supernaturally
Elliot and the Goblin King
Heartless
Fairy Thorn
The Help
Waterfall
Cascade
Still Life with Murder
Murder in a Mill Town
Death on Beacon Hill
Murder on Black Friday
Murder in the North End
A Bucket of Ashes
The Queen of Atollia
King of ATollia
Conspiracy of Kings
Not My Type
Closed Circuit
Dancing in the Shadows of Love
Fiery Cross
Memories of My Future Life part 1
Taken by Storm
Out of the Water
Girl Parts
HMS Surprise
Angela's Ashes
The Distant Hours
The Maze Runner
Game of Kings
Monarch
Firelight
Next Door Boys (2)
Lord John and the Plague of Zombies (short story/novella)
The Lady's Fate
The Power of Six
By the Pale Moonlight
Grounding Quinn
Variant
Black Horses for the King
Jane
The Comrades
True Colors
Untraceable
Entwined

10 comments:

  1. Good grief, Sara! That's a list! I didn't keep one, but my hubby would probably say a zillion. : D

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Mr. D. Vader was wont to say on occasions, "Impressive!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zan, this was the first year I've kept a list. I wanted to see exactly how many books and what kind I'm reading. I did find it hard to remember to write them down though. I'd forget then scramble and try to remember what I'd read lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Widdershins, Well thanks Vader. Truck boy has become enamored with Vader. How could he not with all the toys and pictures The Engineer has of him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great list, Sara! Love all the Forumites on there [g]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! That list is HUGE! I am so impressed. You are officially my hero for the day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you forgot The Scottish Prisoner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deniz, I try to keep up :) Forumites usually get a pass to the head of the TBR list

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leigh, Woohoo, hero for a day! That's exactly what I was going for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did forget Scottish Prisoner! How could I forget that? I wonder how many other books I forgot?

    ReplyDelete