Pages

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Books, books, and more books.

Four months in our new house and we finally got the last of the bookshelves in and ready. I got to spend a glorious afternoon sorting through boxes and boxes of books, putting them on shelves, organizing, touching.

Only it wasn't so glorious.

Torturous might be a better description.

See, we don't have enough bookshelves for all our books. In fact, we could only get out about half of what was still in boxes (some books were already in the home)

There are these, 



and these.


How do you choose what stays out and what gets shut away? There were books I love that I had to groan and put back in the box. Part of it was easy. My first priority was the kids. I want to raise them to read. So anything that might interest them anytime in the next ten years, it got an automatic get out of the box pass. After that, it was a guessing game. 

Half of them went back in boxes in the garage. But at least I still have them, and they're not too hard to access. It's not goodby forever.

Until we meet again. 






14 comments:

  1. I love books, too, and it's aways hard to part with them or shut them away. Is your garage big enough to line one wall with bookshelves? The width might be only 12 inches, 15 at the most. You could sure store a lot of books and have them nearly at your fingertips that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good thought, but the garage is full of storage and my husbands woodshop. The books would end up covered in sawdust.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It was, but it's done now. More incentive to save money for an addition.

      Delete
  3. I'm in the process of shifting into a new house and most of the boxes are unopened.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's like saying hello to old friends, isn't it? The goodbye again part kinda stinks though. :0(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I know how you feel, I still have books in storage from when I moved here over twelve years ago! :0 Hopefully, you'll be able to unpack them in the near future when you get more space. fingers crossed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It can definitely be hard to get rid of books and harder when we don't have a place to put them. I still have books in my mom's attic that I really need to go through. I couldn't fit them in my apartment a while back and left them there. Who knows- maybe you will eventually get more shelves. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, I feel your pain. We don't have enough shelves either, so for the first time, I have books behind books! It bothers me that I can't see them all. And I still have two bins at my sister's house and nearly every day I think of books I want from there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too have kept books around with the intent to save them for my kids to read someday. I have also kept around books for myself to read someday as well. So as you might already guess, it's hard for me to part with my books too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. satta king

    satta king
    You can be more readily trust chiropractors that stick within these lines.
    satta king

    ReplyDelete
  10. In order to maximize your personal finances, consider hiring a financial professional who can advise you about areas like investments and taxes if you can afford to do so. This'll mean big savings in the long run, as someone who manages money matters for a living will not only be able to alert you to areas where you're spending money unnecessarily, they'll also have a much broader insight into investments as well.satta king
    play bazaar
    satta matka

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you like a delicate flavor in your coffee, try adding some right to the pot while it's brewing. A pinch of cinnamon or a few drops of vanilla will add flavor to the brew. Flavoring your coffee this way will keep the flavor from being too overwhelming, and you won't need cream or milk.
    Satta King
    Play Bazaar

    ReplyDelete