Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Finally!

Yesterday, for the first time in a week, I worked on my novel.  I have written blogs, done a few short crits but it was the first time I’ve really been able to write.  I loved it.  I was uncertain at first feeling distanced from my characters.  But there they were waiting for me and was able to sink right into their lives.  It didn’t stop when I stopped writing either.  As I was trying to drift off to sleep I was still having ideas for how to intensify the conflict or emphasize an emotion.  No wonder I haven’t been feeling right lately.  I NEED writing.  The good news is only two and a half more weeks until life goes back to normal (whatever that is).  


Does anyone else get a little twitchy and feisty if they don't write? 

6 comments:

  1. Twitchy, feisty, grumbly, and downright pouty. I lose my focus, my grasp of the spoken word goes south, AND I go off my feed. Not a good look!

    Congratulations on getting back into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, absolutely. Twitchy, feisty, moody ... I'm not the nicest of people to be around when I can't write, that's for sure. My poor husband will attest to that. :-P Great to hear you're back at the desk, pounding out the words - yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Widdershins
    Lol, off your feed. I start craving baked goods. I think I've gained five pounds the last six weeks. Of course I haven't been exercising, sleeping or eating regular meals but my chocolate doughnut intake has increased greatly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel:
    Thanks, it feels good. I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets out of sorts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes :-) My longest dry spell was a couple of years, and I felt off in some little corner of my soul the entire time...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went a couple years too once but I didn't know what was wrong. Until then writing had only been a hobby. I'm glad I figured it out.

    ReplyDelete