Pages

Monday, July 10, 2017

Focus


I often see writers asking each other how to stay focused. It's easy to get distracted by internet, laundry, life. Sitting down and writing a tough scene isn't always the favorite thing to do.

There are as many solutions as there are writers. For me, it's all about wanting it. If I keep my goal in mind, how much I want to be published, have a book in stores and libraries, have something that others will read and love, then it's easy to prioritize. Because I won't get that without putting in the work.

Writing is hard, you have to want it, and, if you want it enough, focus is easy.


7 comments:

  1. You're right, Sara! Writing is hard. So is editing. But we had to focus if we want to accomplish the task at hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! There are times in my life when I really don't want to write, and for me, this is okay. Anything we want to do, we will find a way: that's human nature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! Also ending scenes with a question or a cliffhanger that I have to answer or resolve next time helps me to have ideas percolating in my mind as I'm doing other stuff, and keeps me interested in coming back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so hard not to get distracted. Keeping a concrete set of goals in mind definitely helps. That and keeping my phone away from my writing area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can find a chiropractor just about anywhere in the U.S. satta king

    satta king

    satta king

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get rid of your credit cards to improve your financial situation. Credit cards charge huge interest rates and their fees can be massive as well. It can also be very tempting to run up a larger balance than you can comfortably pay off each month. Instead of plastic, give cash only a try.satta king
    play bazaar
    satta matka

    ReplyDelete