Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

I'm Back


I’m finally back from vacation, the car is unpacked though the suitcases aren’t.  Why do that when I could be on the computer?  I learned a few things on vacation.

I am addicted to the computer/internet.  No really.  Can’t. Get. Enough.

We had hamburgers 8 times in two weeks.  I don’t ever want to see another one.

I didn’t realize it until I took a break but I have been so wrapped up in my WIP I haven’t been seeing things.  After letting my mind lie fallow I started seeing stories in everything around me again.  I missed that.  

Letting my mind wander also gave me some great surprise insights into my WIP.  They just popped up out of nowhere.

IT was so much fun  to see Truck boy play with all his cousins.  I wish we lived closer to them.  

The humidity is killing me.  It only took two weeks in the west to undo five years of living in Georgia.  Which only proves my husband’s point, you really can’t get used to humidity.

I loved our vacation.  Even driving 2000 miles in three days (twice) wasn’t so bad, but I’m glad to be home.

I’ll have a proper writerly post on Wednesday, and I plan to spend some time catching up on blogs.  I missed everyone.  Hope you all have a good Monday.

3 comments:

  1. Good grief! 4000 miles in three days! Just shoot me now. ; ) Welcome back.

    BTW, even after living in the humidity all my life, I'm still not used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not quite. We went 2000 miles in three days but we did it twice, so six days really. Three out and three back. I will say I had to get some good medicine for my arthritis and it mostly helped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you made it back safe and sound. As the saying goes, there's no place like home. Right?

    ReplyDelete